Saturday, January 31, 2009

Xmas In Europe



Well, Age and I made a Holiday Ale with a grated orange peels, grated ginger, honey and a cinnamon stick add to the brew. Turned out great! Really hoppy after the conditioning in the bottle the first week, then it mellowed out. Good stuff.
During xmas, I took Jan and the family to Belgium. I found out we have lot's of family there. Every family member we met was so hospitable and took great care of us. Everyone fed me and Age great Belgium beers, like Chimay! Lots of Chimay.
We rented a minivan so all six of us could fit. That was a challenge to drive around. The streets in Europe were definitely designed before the invention of the family van. Wow. Tight streets and parking places. We drove through Paris, Koln, Mainz, Rotenburg o der Taber, Amsterdam. Amsterdam was the worst. Small streets next to the water ways, but I passed the test. Next time I'm renting a tiny smart car.
Right now, we have a stout conditioning in the bottle and a Belgium Triple up next.

No comments: